2.01.2011

TUESDAY TAILOR ♥ UNGARO PRE-FALL

Well...what a match...I'm finally looking at the Pre-Fall 2011 Ungaro collection and recognizing it as Ungaro! Thanks to Giles Deacon whom I cover on Nancy Girl quite a lot. You see, as I mention on the "who am i" page here...I knew a lot about Emanuel Ungaro from a very young age...maybe 8. (Did you know when he was very young, he worked for Balenciaga before leaving to work at the house of Courrèges?) He was my mother's favorite. I knew about his signature florals and flash colors and draping. And I knew exactly what he looked like. I sort of wish he was still designing, but that's another story. Anyway, so it has pretty much been heartbreaking for me to see some of the cheap and (to use a word Alex uses on her Searching for Style blog) tacky renditions of the house's staple characteristics. For me, Ungaro was also so so very French. And so elegant. And free. And glamorous. Perhaps that's hard to do some for people and still make it young young young, as I'm sure the investors are nagging them to do. This Pre-Fall Ungaro collection from Creative Director Giles Deacon is a perfect amuse-bouche, so to speak, for the proper Fall collection. It's simple. It's very Ungaro. And of course I love it because it's young and there's some 60s thing in there. I see a lot of the signature attributes I mentioned and I'm so excited. I hope to own some of the future pieces Giles does for this house. Thank goodness someone was able to do it correctly and save it before it was lost at sea. The only complaint I have is the lookbook. The poses really bother me, for some reason. It just comes off as contrived. But whatever. It's not that big of a deal. It's only Pre-Fall. It's Fall that I can't wait to see!♡

GORGEOUS. I WOULD KILL FOR THIS DRESS.
VINTAGE UNGARO CIRCA 1966
VINTAGE UNGARO
EMANUEL UNGARO IN 1965


more tuesday tailor ♥ charles anastase

runway images from style.com
vintage images from vam.ac.uk,  flowergrowswild.com, toffsworld.com

No comments: