7.12.2011

TUESDAY TAILOR ♥ MARNI DOES DENIM

I really do love almost all the press releases I receive about Marni. When I read the subject line recently about Marni launching denim, I was a little like....say what? Why is Marni doing denim? If you've read my blog for a while, you've read that I was working on a major denim brand (art directing) for a bit last year and early this year. But upon looking at the styles of the Marni denim collection as well as the styling, I was won over. I do love it when a brand doesn't go the easy route and only work clothes to make a girl obnoxiously "sexy" with peel-off clothes. That's the way most denim is portrayed and styled. Not with Marni. They speak my language with a new take on the old fabric. I love the baggy, the sloppy, the individual style they bring to the brand and the confidence they project for their Marni girl. It's awe-some.


From the Marni Fall Winter 2011/2012 Denim collection release:
The collection is composed of 2 silhouettes, skinny and regular, available in different washes and in a mix of denim and fabric. The accent is on volume and the play of different materials is constant: denim combined with fabrics, such as wool, melange felt in a check pattern, corduroy or polka-dot motifs printed on finished items. ♡





more tuesday tailor ♥ built by wendy fall


images courtesy of marni

No comments: