2.06.2013

♥ MARNI SPRING SUMMER 2013 WOODEN BIJOUX ANIMATES ♥

Albeit I don't ever wear jewelry like this, I still love the way the Marni Spring Jewelry 2013 collection looks, because it's all wood and animals and funky...which is really very 70s. I do buy things like this when I see them at a thrift store or estate sales. These pieces also remind me of a wood artist from the 60s and 70s that I love...Pamela Weir-Quiton. In the mall where I grew up, there used to be an old play section for little little kids and it had all of her work in the play section. I learned about her when I was in junior high, because we watched a film in one of my art classes about her making those mall pieces and similar...but they were removed eventually when the mall was renovated and I always wondered what happened to those lovely play pieces in the mall. I'll post a video below of her work that you can check out. Marni should actually consider collaborating with her. It would be a perfect match. 

(AND NYFW STARTS TODAY...LET'S HOPE IT'S NOT ALL BORING THIS YEAR!)♥










more wednesday stuff ♥ topshop heart coin purse

No comments: