7.04.2013

♥ HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! ♥ SUMMER WITH MONIKA FILM WITH SUBTITLES ♥

It's a holiday if you're in the States...everyone is off and playing. I'm off to a BBQ and then to watch the fireworks once it gets dark...BUT....before I take off, I am going to relax and watch the full New Wave film from Sweden (I think) called SUMMER WITH MONIKA (1953)...you might remember I featured a special mashup someone on YouTube did with clips of this song to some 80's New Wave. But those clips made me want to watch this so badly. It's a film by Ingmar Bergman...a gorgeous amazing director.

It's just too gorgeous for words. And apparently this film made the actress who plays Monika (Harriet Andersson) a huge star...and It-Girl. Just watch the film for its artistry. Bergman was a film-making genius. And Happy Fourth!






more thursday fun ♥ miu miu campaign with chloé sevigny

No comments: